Start your own
Are you interested in starting your own student led community project or scheme?
Creating a draft proposal. Becoming a Student Led Community Project Guide: this will help you prepare and consider your project/scheme proposal. Please plan/document/or present your idea that shows you have considered everything in the guide so you can share your proposal with the Communities Team. The guide will help you create a sustainable project that hopefully can be approved and affiliated as a Student Led Community Project.
Fill out a registration form. This will allow the Communities Team to consider your proposal. You can download the form here.
Arrange a meeting with the Communities’ Team to see if your project/scheme could be a potential student led community project. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you in 3 working days.
Once your project/scheme has been accepted, we can then set you up on the website with committee details and finance codes created and then invite you to complete our training. Check out: SLCP Resources for all things that will help you to run once you are affiliated with the Students' Union!
If you need to recruit Volunteers and you want to put up an opportunity to support with your community project through the website please click here to download the form. Once completed please email your form to email@example.com
What can the Communities team do for you?
- Regular touch base meetings for your project/scheme
- More training resources created if you need them
- Links with other projects/ societies/groups/community groups and external organisations
- Welfare Concerns or Committee issues
- Access to booking rooms and stall space in the Portland building/ around campus. Stall opportunities at Welcome and other events
- Ad-hoc committee development and general enquires
- Support with any ideas around community building ideas and events
We are here to support you as volunteers!
If you need help with the following:
- Health and Safety Training, SU group training, Role Specific training, Events training, Publicity training, leadership training and more
- Events & Trips
- Products and Memberships
- Student Group Elections
- Sponsorship/ funding and finance queries. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org they will get back to you in 3 working days
All we ask of you is:
- Keep us up to date with what is going on within your project/scheme
- Attend any relevant training
- Abide by the Code of Conduct and Student Union Policies
- Facilitate your volunteers and be a good leader
- Amend risk assessments when necessary and submit event and trip forms when needed
Lastly, have fun!