Nottinghamshire Hospice is a community-based palliative care centre which provides high quality care services to adults who have terminal and life-limiting illnesses. They provide on-going care and support to their families and carers.
They aim to add life to days for people that have been told that their illness cannot be cured. They help people who are thought to be in the last year of their life, to live as actively and a well as possible with care that puts the highest value on dignity, choice and respect. The hospice offers a home service, a night support service and daily therapy wellbeing sessions. They host a range of fun and unique fundraising events across Nottinghamshire to help meet their running costs.
About your role
Volunteering with Nottinghamshire Hospice is a amazing opportunity to help make a positive difference to the lives of adults with life limiting illnesses. They have a range of volunteering roles you can get involved with which are listed below. If the roles below don't suit you, please get in contact to see if they can offer anything else.
- Events: One off opportunities to help at our many and varied events including Summer Fairs and Party in the Park. Task may include prepping ahead of the event and assisting at the event such as signposting the public and speaking about the Hospice.
- Retail: we have nine charity shops around Nottinghamshire which contribute to the amount we need to raise each year to run the hospice. Responsibilities may include sorting and pricing stock, receiving incoming donations, serving customers at the till and steaming the clothes.
- Fundraising: Volunteers assist our creative fundraising team in raising much needed funds to ensure we can continue to provide our services free of charge. Task my including helping at events including set up, marshalling and running stalls and event promotion including distributing promotional literature and administration.
- Admin: Help providing much appreciated administrative support in various departments. Tasks may include; data entry, sending letters, photocopying and answering the phone.
- Creative media support: Volunteer support us with graphic design, photography, video making, or anything to jazz up our communication streams!
Volunteers will be given full training and support throughout their time volunteering with Nottinghamshire Hospice and you will be given the opportunity to tailor roles in order to develop your strengths, interests and availability.
There are a variety of events that take place during the year to get involved with. For volunteering roles based in the hospice, they ask for a minimum commitement of 3 months, preferably volunteering at least once a week.
How to find us
Nottinghamshire Hospice is located just outside the city centre at 384 Woodborough road, NG3 4JF.
1) Click on the 'Register Your Interest' to contact the student volunteer centre for more details
2) We will send you the details to get involved with Nottinghamshire Hospice.
3) Depending on the role you may need to provide references and apply of a DBS check. You will then be invited for a formal chat to discuss which roles would work best for you.
Volunteers can generally get started straight away. Recruitment is year round.
Nottinghamshire Hospice give volunteers the chance to really give back to the local community, gain invaluable work experience and meet new people.
They are looking for friendly, cheerful people who enjoy working as part of a team. If this sounds like you, please register you interest below!