Dunkirk Primary School
At Dunkirk Primary School we aim to provide an environment, which is safe, happy and nurturing so that all our children can learn effectively. Every individual is valued, successes are celebrated and our environment reflects the cultural diversity of our school community. We are proud of this unique interaction which offers all our children the opportunity to understand, appreciate and be part of the diverse society in which we live. We have high standards of behaviour within a challenging and motivating educational environment.
About your role
Volunteers can help out in our classrooms for one morning or afternoon per week or more, we will work around your university timetable. We are just really grateful that you would like to come and help our wonderful children:
You can choose to:
- -read individually with children
- -help the teacher in the classroom and learn more about teaching and learning (if you want to)
- -read a book to a child/group of children and create that love of books
- -be a 'buddy' to children by getting to know them
- -work with a child on any other curricular area e.g. computing as organised by the class teacher
- -play the piano to accompany children's singing (we really need singers/pianists)
You may have a particular skill you could share with us. We are very flexible and can tailor your volunteering experience.
CommitmentMinimum commitment : 1 morning or afternoon per week for classroom assistance A minimum commitment of 1 year Emphasis must be put on the commitment of this project. The school do not have a great deal of funds to accomodate volunteers so the ones they do get they would like to hold on to for as a long as possible.
How to find us
- Click on the below button for more information & fill in the details.
- The Student Volunteer Centre will send you the contact details for the school.
- You will then be asked to come in for an informal meeting, you will have a tour around the school and an induction and will help you find a role suitable for you within the school.
There is ongoing support from the teacher, with a termly review with the Head Teacher