We hear you, and we stand with you.
As we enter Term 2, we as your Full-time Officer team will continue to work to better your student experience and amplify your student voice.
We stand with you in pushing for an academic safety net.
- Over the winter break, our students have curated an open letter and petition calling for the re-implementation of a “No Academic Disadvantage” policy for the remainder of the academic year and calls for an extension to the grace period. It has already received over 4,000 signatures.
- We are in contact with the creators of the open letter to continue to raise your voice to the University of Nottingham and will continue to lobby for the changes you deserve.
- As your Full-Time Officer Committee, we wholeheartedly support this and encourage you to sign this petition.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are experiencing issues with your studies, you can get support from your academic staff, email@example.com or apply for Extenuating Circumstances
We stand in solidarity with you and fully support your right to go on rent strike.
- As a result of the pandemic, many students are paying for rooms which they are not currently living in. Students raised a multitude of issues during semester one, as described in this statement. We hear you and we are in constant communication with the organisers of the rent strike and the University to raise these concerns.
- We also stand with Notts Uni Rent Strike in their demands, which are as follows:
- No penalty contract releases, with full deposit returns for anybody choosing to move out of halls before the end of their contract
- 40% reduction in rent for students in halls.
- No repercussions for those involved in rent strikes.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are experiencing issues with your accommodation, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We ask that you get in touch with us so that we can continue to stand with you.
- As Full-Time Officers, we are independent from the University of Nottingham and we are employed by the University of Nottingham Students’ Union to represent your voice and lobby for the change you deserve.
- We ask that you continue to raise your concerns to us so that we can continue to stand with you. We cannot escalate your concerns if we don’t know what they are.
From your Full-Time Officer Committee
Madeleine Fox | Sam Hawkins | Becca Craven
Union Development Officer | Liberation Officer | Education Officer
Denis Lelin | Sofia Thomas | Josie Jessop
Activities Officer | Community Officer | Sports Officer
Emily Coleman | Abdi Ahmed
Welfare and Wellbeing Officer | Postgraduate Officer