Coronavirus FAQs

Here you'll find frequently asked questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19), answered by your Students' Union.

Students Union Advice

Where can I go for academic and welfare concerns linked to Coronavirus?

If you need advice on academic/welfare concerns linked to coronavirus, first read the University’s information for students in their Frequently Asked Questions. You can also contact the Student coronavirus helpline if you don’t find the answer you need on the FAQs.

Where can I go for student finance advice?

If you have any enquiries related to student finance, you can contact the University Funding & Financial Support team. You can also contact Students’ Union Advice if you have any money/funding advice enquiries.

I have questions about my private-rented accommodation. Who can I talk to?

If you have any enquiries relating to private-rented accommodation, please contact Students’ Union Advice. Enquiries regarding University Halls of Residence and other University-arranged accommodation can be made to the University Accommodation Services.

I'm in a privately rented house but need to go home. What do I do about paying rent?

We’ve put together an article that covers all your rights regarding private housing. If you need any more information, or would like to speak to someone, email the SU Advice team.


I’m part of a student group and need to cancel an event. What do I do?

Get in touch with your event coordinator. Not sure who that is? Email the SU Events team and they’ll point you in the right direction.

What’s going on with SU-run events like Notts Varsity?

Get in touch with the SU Events team and they’ll be able to let you know all the latest information about the impact the coronavirus is having on SU events.

I bought a ticket for an SU event that’s been cancelled. Can I get a refund?

Our Societies and Sports team will be able to help you. You can get in touch with them via email.


Are the SU Finance team still working?

Yes. The team are working remotely, but you can still get in touch with them via email.

Can I still access the cash machine in the Finance office?

Unfortunately not. The room it’s in has been locked down, so no one has access to it until further notice.

Disability Support Services

Due to the ongoing situation around Covid-19, there are a few changes to how you can access disability support over the coming weeks:

  • As of Tuesday 17 March, the team are no longer offering face-to-face student appointments until further notice

  • As of Wednesday 18 March, there are no in-person drop-ins at Cherry Tree Lodge until further notice

  • If you need support, email Make sure you include your student ID number and phone number, and the team will get in touch with you by email or phone

  • Where applicable, the team will offer Skype sessions if you need them; further details are to be confirmed

  • You can access the Disability Support Services team via email from 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, but there’ll be no in-person presence at Cherry Tree Lodge from Monday 23 March unless by prior arrangement.

    Can't find what you're looking for?

    Get in touch with us if you think there is something missing, or if you have a question you can't find the answer to.