Health and wellbeing
We all know looking after your health and wellbeing is really important, especially while you’re at University.
However you’re feeling and no matter what stage of your studies you’re at, the University and Students’ Union are here to provide you with the support you need.
SU and University support
We've put together this handy Wellbeing Guide to help you find out more about SU, University and local Nottingham services.
There are other support services available including:
- Nottingham Nightline - a confidential listening and information service, run by students, for students at the University of Nottingham.
- C-Card Nottingham - a free condom service for young people aged 13-24 living in Nottingham. C-Card registration is available at Students' Union Advice in Portland by drop in or appointment during normal opening hours. SU Advice are also a C-Card pick up point. (Currently, you can register online, and condoms can be sent out to you.)
- Student Minds - a UK Student Mental Health charity, who's aim is to empower students and members of the University community to look after their own mental health, support others and create change.
- As a University of Nottingham Student you can sign up for free to Together All - a safe community to support your mental health which is available 24 hours a day, every day. The Welfare Network also runs campaigns and the popular Wellbeing Cafe.
The University HealthyU
The University HealthyU information and advice pages are a great place to start, with information on:
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Keeping active and eating well
- Alcohol, drugs, smoking, addiction and gambling
- Health services (including those for international students)
- Sexual health and wellbeing
- Domestic violence
You can check out HealthyU and SU events and campaigns here.
Are you worried about a friend?
If you're worried about another student at the University, a guide is available to help you support a friend in difficulty. This includes tips when listening to them, boundaries and all the help available to them in the University and Students' Union.
You can see our useful contacts on this page.