The University of Nottingham Golf Club is one of the University’s fastest-growing sports societies. Recent achievements include our 1st team's record finish (3rd) in the BUCS Northern Premiership, A BUCS Tour win and 3 runners-up finishes. All of which have contributed towards our 8th place ranking out of all British universities and colleges in the UK for Golf
The University of Nottingham Golf Club is closely associated with both Hollinwell Golf Club (A top 50 UK course) and Beeston Fields Golf Club.
Hollinwell (a.k.a Notts Golf Club) hosts our top 8 players, competing in the 1st team for their competitive BUCS matches against other universities around the UK.
Beeston Fields which hosts our 2nd and 3rd Teams is located only a short 5-minute drive from University Park Campus. The course also holds our weekly training sessions and squad days run by Head Golf Professional Antony Ryder. Our agreement with Beeston Fields allows our squad members to purchase a student membership which offers full membership benefits at a more affordable price. This is an offer that is taken up by the majority of members.
*Club intake for the year is now complete, if you wish to join the club, please message us on Instagram or Facebook before purchasing a membership*
- Saturday Training Sessions at Beeston Fields
- Pre-Match Range Sessions at Riverside Driving Range
- Access to NUGC Merchandise
- Access to Weekly Socials
- Access to Other Club Organised Events e.g. Charity Days, Club Tour and AGM
- Twice Weekly Strength & Conditioning sessions at the David Ross Sports Village’s High-Performance Zone.
- Access to the University of Nottingham Sports Injury Clinic, which provides services to prevent injury and assist in rehabilitation.
- Sports Psychology Sessions, accessible as a group or as an individual.
- Access to a Nutritionist.
- Organised Weekly Golf at Beeston Fields
- Tracked Progress Each Time You Play with a handicap system
- Access to 2 for 1 Lessons with Head Professional Antony Ryder
- Access to Selected Club Organised Events e.g. Charity Days
- Access to Selected NUGC Merchandise
Due to COVID 19 regulations, we have made the decision to exclude Weekly Wednesday socials from the list of events available to those holding a Social Golf Membership.
*Last Updated 13-10-2020 (RC)*
All of our clubs and societies are run by a committee.
A committee is a team of people that lead, organise and publicise a group within your Students’ Union.
It can be really rewarding as well as being a great way to gain experience and invaluable skills for your future career.