About Nottingham Entrepreneurs
Welcome to Nottingham Entrepreneurs!
(Note: if you don't want to read all this below, then you can watch our fun 30 second trailer here: https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/aa04d822-f714-4c03-98c8-1273dfd2ba57 )
Who we are:
We are a society of like-minded individuals trying to equip our members with entrepreneurial skills, knowledge, advice, mentorship, training and funding through our numerous events. We strive to ensure our members know that entrepreneurship is blind to race, gender, age, ethnicity and orientation, allowing everyone to get involved. No matter if you don't even know what entrepreneurship means or if you already run your own startup, we cater to all and there will always be events for you.
Some of our planned events:
- Our very own taught entrepreneurship curriculum by our Entrepreneurship Director, Keanu. This will be a series of events both for newcomers and experienced entrepreneurs aimed at developing your knowledge by taking an idea right from its birth to its blossom.
- The Nottingham Conference, our annual flagship event where we bring in entrepreneurial speakers from many different backgrounds to give presentations and for you to grill their minds.
- The Apprentice Challenge Week, a new idea modelled from the famous British TV show, where we will task participants with completing business- and entrepreneurial-challenges. We hope to have some of our partners and sponsors act as Sir Alan Sugar, along with a great prize pool!
- Dragon's Den Pitch Competition, a new idea modelled from another famous British TV show, where we will task participants with presenting a (real or made-up) business plan to judges. We hope to have some of our partners and sponsors as the Dragons, along with a great prize pool!
- The Start-Up Series, a new series of events with our friends at BML, where we will highlight an area of business/entrepreneurship at each event with external speakers. Our first event will see special guest Dean Ahmad, the 5th place candidate on The Apprentice 2019, talking about his experiences on the show and with entrepreneurship!
- Diversity events, where we may promote women, minorities, postgraduates and more by giving inspiration through inviting successful speakers.
- Standalone events ran by our partners, sponsors and other firms, demonstrating the importance of entrepreneurship in their workplace with networking opportunities.
- Standalone events with CEOs, founders and other important businesspeople.
- Social events, which could be anything depending on our members' desires, ranging from club nights to kick-abouts to pub quizzes to gaming nights.
- Opportunities to access funding, mentorship, advice and more through our sponsors and partners, for those of you who want to take your entrepreneurship journey to the next level.
- And so much more to come!
If this sounds exciting to you, be sure to buy our membership - it's only £1 for the entire year and you get access to all of these events!
Check out our website:
Check out our social media pages (on the right hand side of this page) for updates on our events!
All of our clubs and societies are run by a committee.
A committee is a team of people that lead, organise and publicise a group within your Students’ Union.
It can be really rewarding as well as being a great way to gain experience and invaluable skills for your future career.